Wednesday 28 February 2007

My summer holiday

Lake grass

My summer holidays were great. I went to the zoo and saw elephants, giraffes and tigers. There were monkeys with big pink bums which was gross. I took my sister, but she must have escaped as she is still peskering me.
When I went to summer camp it was great too. There was a pontoon on the lake and we did bombs and had wrestlings. One time I was the last one to stay on and I won a chocolate bar. I stayed on the top bunk which was good because Toby was on the bottom and he wet the bed twice. He’s such a baby.
One night we had a fire and I ate a whole bag of marshmallows, pink and white. I didn’t feel too good and my teeth buzzed. My spew was real pink.
When I got sunburn it was cool. It stung for ages but then when I was peeling I grossed everyone out so it was worth it.
My grampa came to stay at our house and he smelt funny. He slept in the daytime and snored.
Mum said he wasn’t well but dad said he was a silly old bastard.
I didn’t see much of Matthew because his mum moved and took him too. He said his dad wasn’t going with them because his mum was getting a new dad.
Once, when it rained and I couldn’t go outside, I went around the house and lit all the candles.
I hardly got any wax on the carpet or the tables at all, but you wouldn’t know it by the way mum looked when she smacked me and sent me to my room. Dad said it was her fault for leaving the matches where I could find them and he was heaps right. If they didn’t want me to do it they shouldn’t have left them in the draw. They had said I was never to go near them, but that was when I was as little as my sister. We lit heaps of stuff on camp, leaves and stuff.
One night I couldn’t sleep so I went to the kitchen for a drink.
I could hear mum and dad talking through the door. They were talking about what they were going to do with him and I thought they meant grampa.
But then they said stuff about stuff that I done, not bad stuff just stuff when I get bored, like the candles and that thing I did with the toothpaste that time.
They said stuff about a boarding school which would be cool cause then I could stay up til I wanted and not have them grumping all the time.
But they mustn’t have decided I could go cause now I’m back here in this dumb class and have to write this stupid assignment on my summer holidays.

No comments: