Friday 23 March 2007

Adrift

You never fail
to point out those
who fail to be themselves
as you yourself
fade
before my very eyes
Glazed as they are
with too many hopes
adrift
cut lose to sink
or
swim

You leave it to me
to find out what is left
when all scrubbed
to render it clearer
is rinsed away
The answer is
nothing

You wonder how long you
must walk the wrong path
to find the right one
How long night goes on
before daylight breaks
The answer is
forever

nothing can be forever

I wonder where your emphasis falls
how you sound this out
what it says about you
what you blame me for

nothing is forever

does it say more about me
or
you

No thing can forever be
what it is
or isn't

Yet still we can say
we have dreams
we have songs
we have life

These made up things
so deathly real

No comments: